Showing all 5 results

Glen Albyn: Founded: 1846 Debate: “Glen Alben” Meaning: “white valley* Status: closed

The distillery Glen Albyn stood directly on the bank of the Caledonian Canal, right next to Glen Mhor. Initiated by James Sutherland, the mayor of Inverness at the time, it had emerged from an old brewery. For several years it was owned by the same company as the neighbouring distillery Glen Mhor. The last owner, DCL, demolished it in 1983 and today it is replaced by a shopping centre.
The whisky is light, flowery and fruity in style.