Showing all 9 results

Ardmore: Foundation: 1898 pronunciation: “Ard-moor” meaning: big hill Status: in operation

The Ardmore distillery is located just outside the small town of Kennethmont on the eastern edge of the Speyside, close to the border of the Highlands East whisky region at the highest point of the Inverness – Aberdeen railway line. This line played an important role in the foundation of Ardmore and still does today. The distillery was expanded from 2 stills (Brennblasen) in the beginning to 8 stills today. To this day the distillery produces mostly malt for the Blend Teacher’s Highland Cream.
The whisky is malty in style, reminiscent of cream and has an oily body. So far it has only been marketed by independent bottlers – but this is set to change.